Popular Posts

Friday, June 15, 2007

Beginnings

Welcome to my new blog!

I am a recovering...what? Fat woman? Member of Obesity Land? Obesian?

What do you call people who used to be classified "morbidly obese", but now no longer fit the term?

Let's call me a former Obesian and we'll leave it at that!

This is a blog and sometimes journal that will chronicle what it's like to lose a huge amount of weight...the challenges, the joys, the hassles, the successes, and the really ugly moments.

I hope you will learn something from my journey. I certainly have, and I am glad to get this chance to share it with you.

Enjoy, have a lovely day, and welcome to Recovery!


__________________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: Look, I'm not a doctor. However, I am a teacher certified in both California and Maine to teach science curriculum, including the human body (and health/nutrition) to kids in grades K-8. This blog is my attempt to wade through the current thinking on weight loss, and to present it in a way that makes sense to everyone. As a woman who is successfully recovering from obesity herself, I feel it's even more important to help others understand what I did to lose the weight; what worked, what didn't, and what the struggle has been like as I went from morbid obesity to fitness. It doesn't mean that I have all the answers, however. If you want to lose weight, by all means, read my blog--I think I can provide some help and clarity. BUT, please know that I am NOT a medical expert, and you should most definitely consult with your own doctor or family physician before undertaking any weight loss efforts yourself. Weight loss is a personal journey. I'm making mine visible to the world, but each of us has to take our own steps with our own doctor's guidance; please make sure you check in with yours before you try to do anything I have done. Good luck and God bless!

No comments: